Saturday, August 8, 2015

Living It Up In South Austin

Between too much fun with friends and too much to do in the garden there’s no time to write a real post. Should I write a big story of my own, or hop around the blogosphere reading what everyone else has written, leaving comments behind me? Guess which one won?
You see, I was a garden blog reader & commenter long before I was a blogger and I still want to visit everyone. If this post is very short, it’s because you’re all too interesting!

Earlier this summer I had to confess that I’d been in Austin for 7 years without ever lunching under the trees at the Shady Grove. MSS from Zanthan Gardens decided it was time for me to act like an true Austinite and drink a margarita on the patio. I wore one of my Hawaii shirts! It was incredibly relaxing and conducive to conversation! I feel hipper already! [After eating an enormous mushroom burger, maybe that’s actually 'hippy-er'.] Thank you, M!

Wandering around Floribunda was another South Austin experience to savor. I got to sit on the grass sofa and admire their imaginative nursery. Isn’t the entrance agave amazing?
Floribunda had an enormous selection of colorful ceramic pots too. I found one that will be just right for repotting my old Jade plant.

That’s it – I need to take photos of my ‘sort-of’ Veranda for another post on another day. It's not like the wrap-around porches that adorned the houses in Susan's Charleston story at GardenRant, but it counts for a veranda in this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment