Thursday, June 20, 2013

Neon signs in Samil-Daero

Samil-Daero is a sub-locality of Jung-gu (Central District) or Jung in Seoul. Dutchman and I discovered this place one evening after our Bulgogi dinner (will post this soon) while looking for a place to have coffee and tea.



The area is quite lively and is overloaded with colourful neon sign boards.





It looks like Samil-Daero is not the first choice by many because no one told us about the place. We found this place by ourselves. With popular Myeong-dong and Insa-dong nearby, I can understand that it can be overshadowed.



Nevertheless, it’s very busy here with locals, mainly the younger ones and I am really loving the neon sign boards. It reminds me of Times Street in New York City.



We finally had coffee and tea at Cafe Pascucci, with a view down to the main road.





I love Green Tea Rice! I need to buy a few packs to bring back to the Netherlands.


No comments:

Post a Comment