Saturday, February 16, 2013

For My Northern Friends :: Spring is on the Way!

Wednesday, March 30th - - Even though the calendar says it is Spring, it seems as though Winter still has a tight grip on parts of our nation. Just this past Monday I awoke to find several inches of snow on the ground – and I was in Springfield, Missouri.



Yesterday I was driving west through Alabama. It was a little cold (in the 50s) and dreary, with cloudy skies and drizzling rain. Eventually, the rain stopped. As I traveled along the Natchez Trace in northeast Mississippi I was greeted by an ever-increasing array of green. Yes, it is true. I do believe that Spring has arrived – at least in parts of the south!











Note to Babs: I made a right turn before reaching Birmingham. Changed my mind about going to Pensacola! Are you surprised?



Note to anyone else: US Route 278 in Alabama (from Cullman to Hamilton) is not a road you want to take if you are in a hurry! Lots of hills and curves on that two-lane highway! I wasn't in a hurry so it was an enjoyable drive.



And, yes, I'm Back on the Road Again!!



Westward Ho!



No comments:

Post a Comment