Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Off to a European road trip in the southwest of Germany, Alsace in France and a bit of Swiss

I will be off to a long weekend European solo road trip. This trip will highlight culinary discoveries, stunning architecture, unrivaled history and the splendor of nature.



My base will be the beautiful town of Colmar in France. The rest of the places I will be visiting are for stopovers and side trips. With road trips, one must stop somewhere to refuel and move the legs a bit, just perfect to combine these with a lunch or dinner and sightseeing in the lovely cities and towns that fall along the route.



As a tradition in this blog, I always post the flag of the country and the coat of arms of the city-town-village I am going to. Here they are:







Colmar, France

Beautiful Colmar village will be my holiday base in this road trip. I will be doing a side trip to the Alsace Wine Route Villages (I will not post the coat of arms of the small villages as they are quite a few and they are just beside Colmar anyway).







Basel, Switzerland

This will be a side trip from Colmar. Dont you just love the minimalist Swiss flag and Basel coat of arms?







Heidelberg, Germany

This will be a stop over.







Strasbourg, France

This will be another stop over.







Bonn, Germany

This will be a stop over as well.



Stay tuned for the travel reports. A bientot! Tschuss! Ciao! Gegroet! Laters =)


No comments:

Post a Comment