Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

My friend Patti asked me this past week if I ever fall in love with some of the cute small towns and want to stay there. We get asked things along those lines quite a bit. The short answer is yes I do fall in love and no I don't want to stay there. Because I want to move on and see the other cute small towns too.

There's more to it than just that though. I had been chewing on this very topic for a blog post when she wrote to me. Because I'd been pondering how surprised I am that I still get emotional when we leave a place. I get attached and do fall in love and am always sad to be saying goodbye. Part of it is just my personality, meaning I hate saying goodbye.

The other part is that there is just something so uniquely endearing about each and every place we visit. Each place has a way of worming itself into our hearts. We find some good there. We find something we admire there. We find something that is beautiful there. We find people that inspire us there.

That might sound really cheesy to those that haven't experienced this way of living and seeing the world. It might sound like someone who says they still love every girl/boyfriend they ever had. Really though, it is quite a bit like all of the relationships one has. There is always some downside or something that is snark worthy, and trust me we do our share of those observations when visiting. We are human after all. Like past loves though, there is always something that touched your heart and becomes a part of you when you live in a place. Even if you do only live there for a week or two.



So yup, I sure do fall in love and as impossible as it might sound-not sometimes. Every time. It's a pretty amazing thing to me even two years later. I hope I never become jaded in this area, because it's a pretty cool part of this journey.



Living the life in our beautiful country!

No comments:

Post a Comment