Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mera Peak and the Scarpa Phantom 6000








"Mera Peak is a mountain which lies in the Himalayas, in the Sagarmatha region of Nepal. At 6,476 metres (21,247 ft) it is classified as a trekking peak. It contains three main summits: Mera North, 6,476 metres (21,247 ft); Mera Central, 6,461 metres (21,198 ft); and Mera South, 6,065 metres (19,898 ft)."



"Nov. 23,



Hi Dane,



I wrote to your blog a few times to figure out if I should get Phantom 6000 or Spantik for going up Mera Peak. You were very gracious and made all kinds of recommendations. Well, here I am in K-du after a successful summit - in Scarpa Phantom 6000. I'm particularly pleased b/c my feet stayed warm throughout the whole climb (while some other expedition members in Spantiks complained about feeling a little cold). On one occasion, my feet felt the chill but I just wiggled my toes and I never felt anything remotely chilly again.



I really want to thank you because these Scarpas are GOLD. It took all of 30 seconds to get my feet into both of them; lacing up took all of 3 seconds, there was no fussing with laces on the inner boot (very warm!) and I believe I summited with ease b/c I didn't have lead bullets on my feet - just sleek, warm double boots that took zero time to put on and off. Here's a shot of these beauties, loaded with Grivel Cramp-o-Matics (fit like gloves). No blisters, no heel lift, toe bang, nothing, nothing, just awesomeness in size 41 with double socks.



Thank you again for the help!



:-)



Xtine"



Congradulations to Xtine! Well done!



Stuff likethis is why I take the time to write the bog, thanks!



More here on the Phantom 6000 with 3 more detailedreviews:



http://coldthistle.blogspot.com//08/its-back-scarpa-6000-dbl-boot-and-2.html



http://coldthistle.blogspot.com//11/scarpa-6000-boot-review-by-dave-searle.html



http://coldthistle.blogspot.com//09/double-boots-part-3-scarpa-6000.html

No comments:

Post a Comment