Friday, June 4, 2010

A Sweetie



Over the weekend we celebrated birthdays. We just mushed them into one, since all are within about 3 months: mine, Mom's, brother's, sister's. I married someone with a birthday in this time frame, and my brother not only did the same, but also had his daughter in September. (Not sure what my sister was thinking, marrying a June person and having a kid in March!)

I did a fair amount of pouting when the birthday cake ended up having coconut in it. It looked pretty, but I really loathe coconut. Pickle cake? Sushi cake? Tofu cake? Fine. Dandy! Just not a coconut cake, please. Accusations flew... Did Mom really forget my feelings about coconut, or was she trying to sneakily help my cholesterol level? She sounded innocent, but you never know...

I was really surprised when Hubby came home last night with this beautiful cake. He got lots and lots of bonus points for that. Thanks sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment